The sequence resolution problem in validation set

li ming

Jan 27, 2021, 6:29:14 AM1/27/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Organizer.
          We note that the Y component resolution is twice as high as the other two components(U and V), which is mentioned in the video compression track. However, the Y component resolution of the sequence Lecture_1080P-4991 in validation set is 959x720 and the resolution of U and V components is 480x360,which doesn't satisfy the relationship mentioned above.
          We wonder whether there is a problem in the selection of the sequence lecture_1080P-4991? Can it be replaced or deleted?

Best regards
gang

Nick Johnston

Jan 27, 2021, 1:13:50 PM1/27/21
to li ming, Fabian, Eirikur Agustsson, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Adding Erikur and Fabian who worked on the dataset release. I think we may have ran into something similar last year.

=====================
Nick Johnston
Software Engineer
Machine Intelligence, Compression

Fabien Racape

Feb 11, 2021, 6:45:38 PM2/11/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Nick,

Following up on this. Have you decided whether this sequence will be left as is or replaced by a 960x720 version?

Thank you,
Fabien

Lucas Theis

Feb 13, 2021, 7:31:30 AM2/13/21
to Fabien Racape, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Fabien,

I have not yet heard the other organizers' opinion on this specific request, but the dataset is very unlikely to change now. I recommend you use padding and cropping to handle a wider range of resolutions.

Fabien Racape

Feb 13, 2021, 3:27:35 PM2/13/21
to Lucas Theis, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Thanks for your reply, Lucas.
-Fabien