Paper Submission

Khawar Islam

Feb 20, 2021, 9:49:56 AM2/20/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Organizers,

I would like to ask a question related with paper submission. I just want to submit the paper in workshop, However, I will not participate in challenge.

Is it possible to submit a paper only?
The paper contains five pages with reference. Is it OK?

I would be appreciate if you share the details and CMT link for paper submission
Thank you.

Nick Johnston

Feb 24, 2021, 1:48:16 PM2/24/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Yes, we welcome paper only submissions as well!

We are trying to keep workshop papers to 4 pages, excluding references. So if the Fifth page is references only this should be fine. We do this both to keep
the review process for the papers shorter and to allow resubmission under many conference guidelines.

Cheers,
Nick

Khawar Islam

Feb 24, 2021, 11:28:36 PM2/24/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Thank you Nick.

Please share the CMT link for paper submission.

Regards,
Khawar

Lucas Theis

Feb 25, 2021, 7:49:51 AM2/25/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Khawar,

The website now contains a call for papers and a link to CMT:

Lucas

Khawar Islam

Feb 25, 2021, 8:13:10 PM2/25/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Thank you.

Hossam Amer

Mar 8, 2021, 5:40:17 PM3/8/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Organizers,

I understand that you want to keep the paper length to 4 pages + 1-page References.
I have three clarifying questions and I am hoping that you can help me with them:
  1. Would you be OK with a 4-page paper + 1-page References + Supplementary Information (SI) document? If yes, would you be OK including supplementary/extra results in the SI document? These extra results do not change the story of the paper, but may further support the paper.
  2. Would it be OK if the paper itself exceeds the 4-page limit? Go to 6 pages?
  3. Are there any expected delays (maybe a few days) to the paper submission deadline?
Thanks!
Hossam

George Toderici

Mar 8, 2021, 6:37:49 PM3/8/21
to Hossam Amer, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Hossam,

Please see my answers inline.

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 2:40 PM Hossam Amer <hossam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Organizers,

I understand that you want to keep the paper length to 4 pages + 1-page References.
I have three clarifying questions and I am hoping that you can help me with them:
  1. Would you be OK with a 4-page paper + 1-page References + Supplementary Information (SI) document? If yes, would you be OK including supplementary/extra results in the SI document? These extra results do not change the story of the paper, but may further support the paper.
We would be OK with this. However, keep in mind that that's just us - the organizers. What this means is that you take a risk by doing this with respect to being able to publish a "full length" version of the paper, at conferences such as CVPR 2022, ECCV 2022, and so forth, since they might count the number of pages as part of the paper proper.

  1. Would it be OK if the paper itself exceeds the 4-page limit? Go to 6 pages?
We would prefer to keep the papers at 4+1 pages, but we won't reject if you go over.
  1. Are there any expected delays (maybe a few days) to the paper submission deadline?
Not that we know of. There is an open question with regards to the perceptual metrics being only evaluated relatively late in the timeline. We're trying to figure out whether for thos papers we will handle with a different process (i.e., host them on compression.cc)

Hossam Amer

Mar 11, 2021, 7:49:35 AM3/11/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Thanks, George.

Would accepted papers have oral presentations and/or poster sessions?

George Toderici

Mar 11, 2021, 11:47:35 AM3/11/21
to Hossam Amer, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
All non-challenge papers will be "poster" style. Technically because of the pandemic we expect to have a short presentation for each paper.

Hossam Amer

Mar 23, 2021, 10:06:45 PM3/23/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
If a paper is rejected, there's an option where I have to include the received reviews, rebuttal, and list of changes made in the paper.

What kind of received reviews should be attached? Full-length Reviews from other conferences?

Nick Johnston

Mar 24, 2021, 3:37:32 PM3/24/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Ideally, it would have contained as much information about other conferences as you can. If that conference or workshop had full text reviews, we would like that to be included.
If they just give ratings and a short message, we would take that as well.

The deadline has been extended until March 24th, 2021 11:59 PM PDT to allow for some people who couldn't submit.