Test data for Perceptual Evaluation task

Джамиль Закиров

Apr 20, 2021, 7:50:17 AMApr 20
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear organizers,

Can you please clarify details of participation in Perceptual metrics track?

I've submitted my model predictions for validation data, but can't find any information when the test data will be released or what's the deadline for test predictions submission.

And if the method will show good results on test set is it possible to submit a short paper with algorithm description? I see that general deadline has been closed long time ago.

Best regards,
Jamil Zakirov

gtoderici

Apr 29, 2021, 2:53:49 PMApr 29
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Jamil,

We just released the test data. Sorry for the delay. It was very challenging coming up with the it from multiple standpoints (stay tuned to find out what they were at the workshop!)

We encourage anyone to write about their results on the test data. Keep in mind that we designed this contest so that the paper writing happens before the test data/test results are out. This is because we don't want to bias the design of the methods in any way. Given that it's the first time we're running this competition we didn't expect anyone to design brand new methods for this task simply because it's impossible to know what types of distortions will be encountered due to the large diversity of compression methods that are participating.

With that said, the deadline for submitting papers has passed, so it won't be possible to submit one to this workshop for this year.  You can still write a paper and submit it on arXiv or at CVPR or even at our workshop, for next year.

Good luck, and please do submit your results to the evaluation server once it's enabled.

George