Final Results are in, and CVPR workshop details!

George Toderici

Jun 1, 2018, 5:01:43 PM6/1/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018

Thanks everybody for participating in CLIC 2018!

The final results are now available on compression.cc. We have run a human evaluation on selected methods, including the top scoring methods on PSNR and MS-SSIM.

The workshop program is also now updated, and we would like to invite all participants that have submitted a paper to also prepare a poster for the workshop. We encourage all participants to attend the workshop, where we will have invited talks from expert speakers on compression and machine learning, presentations from the winners of the competition and an opportunity to discuss with other competitors at our poster presentation social event. The proceedings of the workshop will be available on compression.cc on June 18th, 2018.

We would like to congratulate the challenge winners: TucodecTNGcnn4p (in MOS and MS-SSIMM), iipTiramisu (in PSNR) and xvc (Fastest top entry). We kindly invite the winners to give a ten-minute oral presentation at the workshop, and receive the awards for winning the challenge! Please recall that in order to participate at the workshop you will at a minimum need to register for the 1 day workshop pass. This will also enable you to get a letter of invitation in case such a letter is needed.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the CVPR workshop in Salt Lake City, on June 18th, 2018.

The CLIC 2018 Organizers

Zhimin Tang

Jun 3, 2018, 12:52:35 AM6/3/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Dear Organizers,

I submitted a challenge paper and I really want to attend the workshop, but I'm not sure if I can get my visa in such a short time.

Best,
Zhimin Tang

在 2018年6月2日星期六 UTC+8上午5:01:43,George Toderici写道:

Jonatan Samuelsson

Jun 4, 2018, 5:03:45 AM6/4/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Thank you George,

Are the challenge winners also expected to prepare posters for the poster session or should we only make oral presentations at the workshop?

Best Regards Jonatan

George Toderici

Jun 4, 2018, 3:30:55 PM6/4/18
to Jonatan Samuelsson, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
I would highly recommend posters + presentation for winners. That way you'll have a way to discuss in person some of the details that cannot be covered during the talk.

George Toderici

Jun 6, 2018, 3:24:30 PM6/6/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018