Regarding Papers

Çağlar Aytekin

Apr 16, 2018, 7:03:19 AM4/16/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Hello,

Are the papers going to be like regular papers (with appropriate literature survey/experimental comparisons with state of the art in some datasets/references etc) or a mere description of the algorithm?

Another question is if the references are included in the 4 page limit or not.

Best Regards,

Caglar

ltheis

Apr 16, 2018, 10:29:17 AM4/16/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
For the papers describing challenge submissions, only the description of the algorithm is required. Everything else is optional but encouraged. But we also have a regular paper track where experimental results and a discussion of related work is expected.

The papers are limited to 4 pages including references. This limit is to protect your right to publish your work at other workshops and conferences. CVPR considers a paper exceeding 4 pages a proper publication:

"However, this definition of publication does include peer-reviewed workshop papers, even if they do not appear in a proceedings, if their length is more than 4 pages including citations."

Tong Chen

Apr 24, 2018, 10:11:44 PM4/24/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Hi, Itheis
If I have submitted to the regular paper track.
Do I still need to submit a challenge paper as well?

在 2018年4月16日星期一 UTC+8下午10:29:17,ltheis写道:

George Toderici

Apr 25, 2018, 2:03:33 AM4/25/18
to Tong Chen, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
If you did not participate in the challenge (i.e., if you're not competing for a prize), then the regular track submission is the appropriate thing to do. If you're in the competition, please use the challenge track.

Çağlar Aytekin

Apr 26, 2018, 5:39:53 AM4/26/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Hi,

We wish to participate to the competition and in addition we want to submit a paper to the regular track. To this end, do we need to submit two versions of the paper, in which the version for the challenge also mentions our entries' names (as we have two variants of our algorithm) and briefly explain the differences?

Best Regards,
Caglar

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Tong Chen <chent...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Itheis
If I have submitted to the regular paper track.
Do I still need to submit a challenge paper as well?

在 2018年4月16日星期一 UTC+8下午10:29:17,ltheis写道:
For the papers describing challenge submissions, only the description of the algorithm is required. Everything else is optional but encouraged. But we also have a regular paper track where experimental results and a discussion of related work is expected.

The papers are limited to 4 pages including references. This limit is to protect your right to publish your work at other workshops and conferences. CVPR considers a paper exceeding 4 pages a proper publication:

"However, this definition of publication does include peer-reviewed workshop papers, even if they do not appear in a proceedings, if their length is more than 4 pages including citations."

George Toderici

Apr 26, 2018, 2:27:38 PM4/26/18
to Çağlar Aytekin, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
If you participated (i.e., if you have a submission on the leaderboard), please use the challenge track. If you have work that is related but is not on the leaderboard, please submit on the "Paper" track.

If you have multiple methods you'd like to present (as it seems to be the case), feel free to choose the appropriate path for each method.

The only caveat is that we hope that the methods are sufficiently different to merit two submissions.

Çağlar Aytekin

Apr 26, 2018, 2:38:56 PM4/26/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Since the challenge and regular paper tracks were not very clear to us and we were running out of time, we made two submissions, however after your explanation that we received now it seems like we should have only submitted to challenge track. Would it be possible to discard our submission in regular track and only take the challenge track submission into account?

Best Regards,
Caglar

George Toderici

Apr 26, 2018, 6:14:41 PM4/26/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Definitely.