Does the docker image support GPU?

Manchen Wang

Apr 20, 2018, 9:07:58 PM4/20/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
I am trying to use the official docker image to run my decoder. However, it seems that the code cannot be run on GPU in the container. Does the docker image support GPU?

Best,
Manchen

George Toderici

Apr 20, 2018, 9:41:12 PM4/20/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
I think you may need to make your own image to test GPU code. We don't include things like CUDA, for example in that image.

Manchen Wang

Apr 20, 2018, 10:02:34 PM4/20/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Our code can run on GPU. But do you have GPU and will you use GPU to test the decoder?

Lucas Theis

Apr 21, 2018, 9:37:15 AM4/21/18
to Manchen Wang, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
The decoders are run on CPUs only and as George said, the docker image is not built for GPU support either. We might try supporting GPUs in a future iteration of the competition.