Factsheet Submission Deadline: April 26th, 2018 at Midnight, US Pacific Time (GMT-8)

George Toderici

Apr 24, 2018, 12:36:54 PM4/24/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Hello everyone,

We encourage all participants to upload a paper describing the methods they tried. To be eligible for prizes, this is mandatory. The paper should have 4 pages, including references, and it needs to follow the CVPR template.  This will allow authors to submit a longer version of the paper to peer reviewed conferences or journals. During the CVPR workshop we will present a meta-analysis of the entries, which we hope will be helpful to the scientific community.

Please use the following link for uploading papers:

In addition to the paper submission-specific questions, in the form linked above we have some questions which will help guide the direction for future iterations of the workshop / challenge.

The deadline is April 26th, 2018 at Midnight, US Pacific Time (GMT-8)

Good luck to everybody and we're looking forward to your papers! Please see the FAQ below.

FAQ:

- Will the deadline be extended?

Unlikely.

- In the paper, should I include author names?

Yes, please.

- Which template should I use?

Please use the "camera ready" template. Don't use the "draft" (if you see line numbers printed on the margin, you're using the draft).

- I can't use the upload form. What can I do?

Please send me a private email with the paper. Make sure to include the team name, and the paper PDF file.

- Where is the paper ID (or what paper ID should we use)?

We don't have a paper ID. Please remove that field from the template.

George

Yuchen Fan

Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:06 PM4/24/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Hi, George,

May I ask if the paper paper should be in exactly 4 pages? Since previous threads mentioned that only description of algorithm is required.

Best,
Yuchen

George Toderici

Apr 25, 2018, 1:47:59 AM4/25/18
to Yuchen Fan, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
We expect that the papers will have 4 pages. It may have more in the case in which you're not worried about re-submitting it to a conference (rather than a workshop) as a full-length paper, but we don't recommend this.

Tamar Shoham

Apr 25, 2018, 2:29:55 AM4/25/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018

Just  to be completely clear - is that up to 4 pages, or to phrase even more clearly - is a 3 page paper acceptable?

George Toderici

Apr 25, 2018, 7:44:59 PM4/25/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
We encourage the participants to make use of all 4 pages available, but not exceed 4 pages.