Time too long for decoding images

gcs790...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2018, 9:05:15 AM4/12/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Hi,
    I submitted my decoder about 11 hours ago. But I just get the following message:

    Connecting...
    Sending data...
    Submission queued...
    Processing submission...
    Extracting decoder...
    Decoding images...

   Please check whether my decoder is still running on server.

    Thank you very much.

gcs790...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2018, 12:04:31 AM4/13/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
I can decode all images in 5 hours on my local machine. But it's too long to decode on server. Please check it for me, thank you very much. My team name is "test".

在 2018年4月12日星期四 UTC+8下午9:05:15,gcs790...@gmail.com写道:

Lucas Theis

Apr 13, 2018, 5:18:44 AM4/13/18
to gcs790...@gmail.com, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
This is the error that I'm seeing on the server:

./decode: line 2: 9 Killed python3 decoder.pyc

This is very likely because your decoder uses too much memory.
Message has been deleted

Lucas Theis

Apr 14, 2018, 5:08:23 AM4/14/18
to gcs790...@gmail.com, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
I am seeing the same error message for the team "test".

The amount of memory used can vary somewhat by machine, depending on what your decoder does (we've certainly observed this with tensorflow). If your decoder uses say 6GB memory locally, it may still cross the 8GB on the server.

On Apr 14, 2018, at 9:54 AM, gcs790...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,
    I can run my decoder on my PC with 6G RAM, can you check it again for me?

在 2018年4月13日星期五 UTC+8下午5:18:44,ltheis写道:
This is the error that I'm seeing on the server:

./decode: line 2:     9 Killed                  python3 decoder.pyc

This is very likely because your decoder uses too much memory.

gcs790...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2018, 5:49:06 AM4/14/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Without running in the docker, our code just costs 6G RAM. But in docker ,it rise up to nearly 9GB. Can you increase the RAM for us? THX

在 2018年4月14日星期六 UTC+8下午5:08:23,ltheis写道: