image size exceed 13,328,248

冯润森

Apr 20, 2018, 3:34:53 AM4/20/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Hi
    Image size of test set exceed 13,328,248 but it did not happened for valid set. Can I submit my decoder during test phase?

    Thank you!

ltheis

Apr 20, 2018, 5:21:04 AM4/20/18
to Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
Unfortunately we cannot accept new decoders during the test phase. If your encoder doesn't allow reducing the bit-rate, modifying the images slightly before encoding might be a (hacky) option.

Eiríkur Þór Ágústsson

Apr 20, 2018, 3:01:19 PM4/20/18
to ltheis, Challenge on Learned Image Compression 2018
To expand on Lucas's suggestion: you could e.g. apply some smoothing (e.g. Gaussian blur) on some images. This often makes them more compressible.