How do I implement alternate adversarial attacks in the tutorials

ephi...@yahoo.com

Oct 22, 2018, 12:53:06 PM10/22/18
to cleverhans dev
How do I implement an alternate adversarial attack (such as predicted gradient descent) in the tutorials cifar_tutorial_tf.py and/or mnist_tutorial_tf.py? Right now, these tutorials demonstrate the FGSM adversarial example. Thank you. Arnold

Ian Goodfellow

Oct 22, 2018, 12:57:28 PM10/22/18
to ephi...@yahoo.com, cleverh...@googlegroups.com
Copy paste the tutorial, import a different Attack subclass, and call it in the same places FGSM is called in the tutorial. You'll need to understand how the particular attack you want to use works and pass it appropriate arguments to configure it well.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 9:53 AM ephi5757 via cleverhans dev <cleverh...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
How do I implement an alternate adversarial attack (such as predicted gradient descent) in the tutorials cifar_tutorial_tf.py and/or mnist_tutorial_tf.py? Right now, these tutorials demonstrate the FGSM adversarial example. Thank you. Arnold

ephi...@yahoo.com

Oct 22, 2018, 1:01:26 PM10/22/18
to cleverhans dev

adv_7_p5.png

7.png

Here is an example I executed of from the MNIST tensorflow tutorial for the input image and the FGSM adversarial attack with eps = 0.5

ephi...@yahoo.com

Oct 22, 2018, 1:03:42 PM10/22/18
to cleverhans dev
Terrific. Thank you for your help and rapid response