PyOhio 2013 Registration is Open

Brian Costlow

May 8, 2013, 8:46:49 PM5/8/13
to cl...@googlegroups.com
Registration for PyOhio is now open at http://pyohio.org/registration/

PyOhio 2013 will be held Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28, 2013 in the Ohio Union at Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.

PyOhio is a free annual conference for Python programmers in and around Ohio and the entire Midwest.

This year, our keynote speaker will be Brandon Craig Rhodes, http://rhodesmill.org/brandon/ . Brandon has been a favorite speaker at PyOhio and PyCon the past few years. He's also the author of Foundations of Python Network Programming, as well as the maintainer of the PyEphem astronomy module.

We're also working hard to have Katie Cunningham bring "The Young Coder" class she did with Lynn Root at PyCon to PyOhio this year.

As always, attending the conference is 100% free. If you just want to attend, go to http://pyohio.org/registration/ and select free registration. If you want the T-shirt (this year's shirt designed by Nick Pavlak http://www.nickpavlak.com/) select PyOhio Registration + T-Shirt, and don't forget to actually order the shirt!

The Call for Proposals is also open.

We welcome submissions from people that have never done a talk before! And if you want help preparing a talk, let us know! Volunteers are eager to help new people do talks.

PyOhio remains free to attend due to generous support of our sponsors, including Emma, Finite Loop, Enthought, and Heroku

If you are interested in sponsoring PyOhio, or know a company or person that might be, see the prospectus at http://pyohio.org/sponsors/prospectus/

If you want to donate without becoming a sponsor, you can do so through the registration page, using the Donate to PyOhio option.

The 2013 PyOhio Organizing Committee