Open Developer Position - DecisionDesk - Lakewood, OH

Dan Shultz

Nov 30, 2014, 10:15:18 PM11/30/14
to cl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are looking for a developer to join are growing team at DecisionDesk here in Lakewood Ohio. If you are interested in the opportunity or just want to ask any questions about it, please reach out to me.

Engineering — Developer

What is DecisionDesk?

DecisionDesk is an application and recruitment manager for Higher Education servicing over 100 clients. We were recently selected—over Oracle—to provide the online application for the entire University of Colorado system. We are a fast-paced and energetic startup looking for key members to help shape the next iteration of our core product.

About the Role

The DecisionDesk Engineering team develops and maintains DecisionDesk, our eponymous application management software. You’ll play a key role in our codebase, working closely with product management and the UX staff on new features, and then working with our other engineers to get those ideas out in front of our users. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the future architecture of our solution and receive mentorship from more senior members of our team.

Our ideal candidate will have several years of experience with Ruby/Python, JavaScript, and PostgresSQL, including some large projects making use of MVC frameworks. You’ll be working with a small team, shipping code several times a week.

About you:

  • Enjoy helping your team members grow as developer and be successful.

  • Regularly use version control tools such as git and actively participate in code reviews.

  • Self driven and enjoy strong team collaboration.

  • Additionally, have experience…

    • Building SOA architectures and public APIs

    • Using effective testing practices (TDD, CI)

    • Building rich user experiences with JS

We’d be really excited if you have experience with:

  • Building micro-services

  • Search engine (Solr, ElasticSearch)

  • RabbitMQ, Celery

  • CSS pre-processors such as Less/Sass

  • Modular CSS: Writing css using modular methods (SMACSS) that is responsive and re-usable. Bonus points for CSS testing

  • Responsive design / Mobile Web

  • Non-relational database systems (MongoDB)

  • JavaScript build tools (Grunt, node, jshint, etc.)

  • JS MVC Frameworks (e.g. Backbone, Ember)

  • JavaScript unit testing

We offer:

  • Competitive salary and stock options

  • Fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits

  • Ergonomic desk set-up w/ company laptop

  • Fun, casual work environment