Automatic playlist use more id3 tags

Ricardo R

Mar 3, 2022, 7:02:22 AM3/3/22
to Clementine Music Player
On my favourite player on Windows I can use more tags to make automated playlists with.

For example the tags: language, grouping or even BPM.
I actually fill in these fields, because I like to have all my playlists automated.

Is it possible to add these options to the automatic playlist options?

Garthhh

Mar 5, 2022, 2:46:10 PM3/5/22
to Clementine Music Player
Grouping & bpm are already available using smart playlists, right click on any smart playlist to start a new one
You can change the way the library sorts, by clicking the wrench next to the search box
Click on any playlist header to sort by that criteria, click again for inverse order
Right click any playlist header to change which are displayed, drag n drop to change the order
You can add a keyboard shortcuts to change the shuffle mode & a bunch of other things
I don't know about play counts or ratings.  They are player files & in their own database, having no universal format may not be cross compatible
I stick with fields that are metadata, comments & grouping, which follow the files, not the player

Clementine is developed on git hub, feature requests & bug reports are handled there