Newest 1.4.0-rc2 kills keyboard

scm12...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2020, 11:28:31 AM12/25/20
to Clementine Music Player
Fedora just updated my clementine to the newest 1.4.0 release candidate. Immediately upon starting clementine, all keyboard input was ignored. No input to xterms or any other application. No hotkey menu selections in fvwm2. Immediately after killing the clementine process, keybard input was restored. Starting clementine again killed keyboard input. Not certain whether this bug was introduced with this update; I had preciously been using 1.4.0rc1-282-gad882cc99 which worked well in this respect.

Stephen Menasian

Jan 14, 2021, 9:14:53 AM1/14/21
to Clementine Music Player
I just got a new update of clementine-1.4.0-rc2 from Fedora. It still
kills keybard input.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clementine-player/e912d55a-c90a-4b1a-9985-0c51afdb8090n%40googlegroups.com.

Garthhh

Jan 16, 2021, 11:20:00 PM1/16/21
to Clementine Music Player

Stephen Menasian

Jul 21, 2022, 5:27:28 PM7/21/22
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Garthhh,
This problem is back with a vengeance. BTW, downloading from site, as
you advised, and locally compiling never helped. Anyway, I recently
found my PC spontaneously rebooted but in bad shape. Now, when
clementine is running all shifted (uppercase and symbols) keyboard
input is corrupted. Killing clementine restores the keyboard. However,
my sound card now appears to be dead, whether clementine is running or
not and no matter what sound program is running (mplayer, etc.), no
sound output. It seems that clementine also corrupted something
essential for sound to work, perhaps a module or the soundcard,
itself. So, it seems, from the keyboard corruption and the sound card
problems, clementine is reaching into non-user address space and
causing havoc. Also, for the past couple of years, while clementine is
running. the PC randomly reboots and/or the window manager dies.
> "Clementine Music Player" group.
> email to clementine-pla...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clementine-player/90ec8998-c8e7-49c4-9bb5-0fe36aefe6b9n%40googlegroups.com.

Stephen Menasian

Nov 13, 2022, 8:43:17 AM11/13/22
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Clementine still kills keyboard - New Information.
Clementine version: clementine-1.4.0-3.rc1.20220107git0be3143.fc36.x86_64
Platform: Fedora fc36: current updates installed (as of 11/13/22)

When clementine is running, keyboard shifted characters do  not work. The
uppercase alphabetic characters can be accessed by using the "Shift Lock" key
but not special characters (i.e. ! @ # $ | < ? etc). The new (and interesting information
is that the keyboard corruption even occurs if clementine is running on a remote PC,
accessed via ssh -X. The PC running the user interface (i.e., the one running "ssh -X")
has the corrupted keyboard.

The problem just popped up after a recent reboot. Note that reboots are infrequent; both
PCs run 24/7 for months at a time. The problem could be associated with a software update
(including clementine and X server) any time  in the last 3 months.

I've switched to Amarok temporarily until this is resolved.

Aradhya Victoria

Oct 16, 2023, 4:03:12 AM10/16/23
to Clementine Music Player
The issue you are facing is related to the Clementine software after you upgraded it to version 1.4.0 release candidate. To address this problem, you can try the following steps:
  1. Reboot Your Computer: Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve issues that occur after installing or updating software.
  2. Contact Clementine Support: If the issue persists, you should reach out to Clementine's official support service or forum to report the problem. There might be other users experiencing the same issue and potential solutions or bug reports provided by the developers.
  3. Roll Back to a Previous Version: If the issue started after upgrading Clementine, consider reverting to the previous version (1.4.0rc1-282-gad882cc99) if it was working stably for you.
  4. Check for Conflicting Software: Examine if any other applications or settings on your computer are conflicting with Clementine. For example, other background applications might be causing keyboard-related issues.
If you continue to experience problems after trying these steps, you may want to monitor the situation on Clementine's forum or official website for information about potential patches or bug fixes.
answer source: apkgosu

Vào lúc 20:43:17 UTC+7 ngày Chủ Nhật, 13 tháng 11, 2022, Stephen Menasian đã viết:

Stephen Menasian

Oct 19, 2023, 6:55:53 AM10/19/23
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Aradhya,
My post was more of a bug report than a request for help. I have completely resolved this problem by switching to strawberry. It appears that clementine development is almost completely stalled and strawberry development is more active. The keyboard problem is not present in strawberry.