Is There a Library Size Limit?

Tim McDonough

Apr 26, 2022, 8:21:05 PM4/26/22
to Clementine Music Player
I've installed Clementine 1.31 on Windows 10. When I add files to my library, it works away adding them but (three times now) at some point when it is over 96% complete the program crashes.

The audio files are on a USB attached 8TB external drive.  There are a little over 3.5TB of audio files, roughly 735,000 files.

MediaMonkey Gold will handle the library but I don't care for the User Interface interface.

Tim

Garthhh

Apr 28, 2022, 12:48:46 PM4/28/22
to Clementine Music Player
I don't know if the is a limit
You should go to the github clementine page where developers work

On a linux installation I would start Clementine from the command line by typing clementine>enter
The gui still works, but you can see the underlying stuff in real time line by line, usually provides a hint of what process is getting stuck
I don't know how to do that on windows