iPod/Rockbox detection

Steve C.

Oct 25, 2022, 9:48:33 AM10/25/22
to Clementine Music Player
Hi All,

I see this was a discussion item a number of years ago, but was hoping there were some updates or new ideas for workarounds on this.  Clementine sees my device as an iPod and thus writes to the ipod folders and database when copying music to it, instead of to the /Music folder on the filesystem.

I have a 5th Generation iPod classic that has been modded with an mSATA drive and Rockbox.  Because I had to find someone else's build of rockbox from somewhere around 2018 to get the mSATA working, I don't think I can do the trick mentioned elsewhere of compiling rockbox with a different device ID.

Is there a config file somewhere in Clementine that I can comment out my device ID or something?

Clementine is version 1.4 rc2 on Debian 11.

Thanks!

Garthhh

Oct 26, 2022, 12:39:03 PM10/26/22
to Clementine Music Player
Copy the files from clementine to a flash drive
Once the files are outside of clementine, you can transfer them with a file browser to your ipod as you need

I copy to a sd & use find on dolphin to remove the songs from nested folders artist>album>song so I can use them on cheap mp3 players which can't use files from more than one folder

Steve C.

Nov 1, 2022, 1:47:43 PM11/1/22
to Clementine Music Player
Sure, I can do that, and I do, but that is at the cost of convenience; creating playlists in Clementine and syncing them over, being selective about what I move over, etc.