Not all songs from my "library" is in Clementine library

Kristijan Tkalec

May 20, 2017, 12:07:27 PM5/20/17
to Clementine Music Player
Hey,

I love Clementine, but I just noticed, that I don't have all of my music in Clemenitne library. There are missing some of the artists but they are in the file, which is set as my library. And if I open song seperatly (open in Clementine), the song is being played. Any idea why is tis happening?
I use Ubuntu 16.04 and Clemenine 1.3.1-333-gf854bc5

Thanks and cheers

ps. songs that are missing are different formats: ogg, mp3.

Daniël Cloete

May 24, 2017, 4:28:32 AM5/24/17
to Clementine Music Player
I have a big library and this has been the case since I started using Clementine (on Mac) about 2 years ago.  The only way that I have been able to get past it, is to add my full folder to a Playlist and then to play my songs from there.  Using the search bar at the top of the playlist anyways work better and faster for me than using the library to search for a song and to play it (Similar to Musicbee on Windows).

Kristijan

May 25, 2017, 2:59:48 PM5/25/17
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I'll try it out.

Kristijan Tkalec

norber...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 8:59:00 AM6/22/17
to Clementine Music Player
Hello

I have exactly the same problem, I don't have all of my music in Clementine library.  it is the same, "   if I open song separately (open in Clementine), the song is being played"  Clementine, Version 1.3.1-333-gf854bc5 on Mint 18.1.

I have a huge library, 49 698 files and it is still increasing. For now, I am using jriver player and there is no such problem with the library. I would really prefer to use Clementine. I do not wish to use the trick of the play-lists.

Is there a way to know the size of the library (no of files, time, size). Is Clementine library limited to a certain size and formats? Is there a way to modify possible limitations?

thanks a lot
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dirac bracket

Dec 8, 2018, 12:03:18 AM12/8/18
to Clementine Music Player
Still having the same problem at the end of 2018 with Clementine. Files are just missing from the library, even after a full rescan, even after doing
sqlite3 clementine.db 'update songs set unavailable=0'

The above solves SOME of it, but even after doing that, certain files just don't show up in the library, although they can be found in the file view and added to the
playlist just fine.

This is a long-standing problem which the Clementine developers can't seem to solve, or just don't care about.

Garthhh

Dec 12, 2018, 10:26:48 PM12/12/18
to Clementine Music Player
You will probably find the "missing" files in unknown artist or various artist, the metadata for the files is not quite right...
Open the playlist all songs & sort by different parameters for clues
Try checking with a tag editor I use Easy Tag
Things like the file name not lining up with the ID3 tags is one of the causes

Sophie Burgess

Jun 18, 2024, 9:30:13 AM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to Clementine Music Player
If you love music then klingeltöne kostenlos is a great choice right now. it provides the latest ringtones for your phone

Vào lúc 10:26:48 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Năm, 13 tháng 12, 2018, Garthhh đã viết:

Garthhh

Jun 19, 2024, 1:01:59 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to Clementine Music Player
Look in various artists, files end up there depending on the meta data of the files
Try sorting the library pane by different criteria By using the wrench at the top right just above the pane