Unable to customize the Play/Pause key

Farfadet

Dec 12, 2021, 9:53:58 AM12/12/21
to Clementine Music Player
As I'm not an English speaker I had my message translated by DeepL. I hope
it will be clear :) .

I updated the driver (to 6.00.112) of my Logitech K270 keyboard and since then the Play/Pause key does not work anymore. A few months ago, having changed my audio software (I switched from MediaMonkey to Clementine 1.3.1, but long before doing this update), I thought it could be the software. Not having uninstalled MediaMonkey I sat with it. And the key works. So it comes from Clementine. I went to the shortcut settings but I can't customize the Play/Pause key (it's pre-set on Media Play).

It's not vital either, but I found it convenient to mute and reactivate the sound with this key.

Windows 10

Garthhh

Dec 14, 2021, 3:22:09 PM12/14/21
to Clementine Music Player
tools>preference>configure short cuts>play/pause>custom>change shortcut
You probably didn't left click the "custom" box, the "change shortcut" will only work if you have clicked the "custom" box

Farfadet

Dec 15, 2021, 3:18:12 AM12/15/21
to Clementine Music Player
I thought that the little window that appears (after clicking on Change shortcut) simply explains what to do. I didn't understand that it was at this moment that you have to choose the key(s).

So I chose the Play-Pause key but it is not taken into account as a shortcut choice. But with MediaMonkey I can use it.

Garthhh

Dec 15, 2021, 11:35:15 PM12/15/21
to Clementine Music Player
Clementine won't recognize  some keys as valid for shortcuts on some keyboards, I have run into this issue a few times
No idea how key binding works on windows, could be the play/pause is all ready spoken for by a different program
I'm on a laptop & use the touch pad
I use alt+x for next track
meta+z for play/pause
I can do them by touch

Farfadet

Dec 21, 2021, 8:33:05 AM12/21/21
to Clementine Music Player

Play-pause is used by MediaMonkey so it must be because of that. I set it to use ctrl + space and it does the job.

Thanks for the info.

-----

Le Play-pause étant utilisé par MediaMonkey ça doit être à cause de ça. J'ai paramétré pour utiliser ctrl + Espace et ça fait le boulot.

Merci pour l'info.