Suggestions

Chonga 2520

Aug 9, 2021, 10:32:54 AM8/9/21
to Clementine Music Player
First of all, I should say I use MediaMonkey on PC, and AIMP on my Android.

Something that MediaMonkey does is allow me to set tags according to a format in the filename. For example, I have a filename "3. Oolacile - Otog". I can simply tell MediaMonkey that the format is "<Track No.>. <Artist> - <Title>" And it sets my tags accordingly. Can you please add this feature? It really helps to organize things.

Another thing is that I cannot open my folders from the list on the left. I can only sort by artist name and I have to manually add my albums from my folders. This is a big reason why I still don't use Clementine as my main player.

A small thing I noticed is that the frequency analyzer is based on a linear frequency scale. Our ears work on a base 2 logarithmic scale so maybe change the FFT to show logarithmic frequencies?

Also, this might be nitpicking, but MediaMonkey also has this feature to calculate ReplayGain. This could be useful to use ReplayGain in case there is no metadata for it.

Garthhh

Aug 10, 2021, 10:19:45 PM8/10/21
to Clementine Music Player
I use the comment field to set custom tags, sometimes the grouping field

I'm not clear what you mean by

"I cannot open my folders from the list on the left"
Library tab or files tab?
Clementine expects your library to be organized
Folders for each artist, containing folders/albums, containing songs
Click on the wrench right of the search box for other ways for the library to display/sort including file type
I never add any files through clementine, I just put them where they belong with a file browser, I'm set to "monitor library for changes", the new files appear immediately

There are some things the clem metadata editor isn't able to do as well as
I modify metadata with an outside utility [eztag] to get the filenames in the right order, numbering inconsistencies repaired, I sometimes have to restart Clem [library scan] for the changes to take effect effect
I use an outside utility for replay gain

No idea what utilities to suggest for a windows pc