Clementine Extras

Mopsy

Feb 1, 2012, 3:14:02 AM2/1/12
to Clementine Music Player
Can someone explain to me what the 'Extras' are and what they are
supposed to do please

All Glory to the Hypnotoad!
Make it so!
Kittens

:-D

Tihomir Kit

Feb 2, 2012, 6:33:56 AM2/2/12
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
kind of easter egg fun I guess..
--
Kit Tihomir
http://www.cmikavac.net/

Laura Seabrook

Feb 2, 2012, 7:50:50 AM2/2/12
On 1/02/2012 7:14 PM, Mopsy wrote:
Can someone explain to me what the 'Extras' are and what they are
supposed to do please
Well the Hypnotoad is really annoying, but the rain and cats meows are quite nice. I was so glad when I found the VOLUME CONTROL for these under preferences - set the Hypnotoad to zero!
--Laura Ess

Tihomir Kit

Feb 2, 2012, 12:26:07 PM2/2/12
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
why would you need to turn the volume for hypnotoad to zero? just don't turn it on.. :D

Laura Seabrook

Feb 2, 2012, 7:04:15 PM2/2/12
On 3/02/2012 4:26 AM, Tihomir Kit wrote:
why would you need to turn the volume for hypnotoad to zero? just don't turn it on.. :D
Because accidents happen. Also after I installed it on Ubuntu 11.10 (which uses a "Mac" type panel at the top with application menu) I couldn't find how to turn it off, which made Clementine unusable for me until I could figure out where it was. I found the volume setting first.
--
Laura Ess

itl

Feb 4, 2012, 6:48:39 PM2/4/12
to Clementine Music Player
My kittens don't work.

Stephen LeMaitre

Mar 22, 2012, 9:46:07 PM3/22/12
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Rain is the shiznit... there are a TON of songs that rain is a fantabulous complement to.  For a lot of them I would go to youtube, and find a good rain sequence and play it in the background while listening to music... now I don't have to.

Thimios Katsoulis

Nov 29, 2012, 1:15:13 PM11/29/12
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Well..
You are very correctly wondering...
I recommended clementine to a not so  tech-savvy fellow , and it was completely horrifying when clementine
would start on win 7  and the " All glory to the hypnotoad "
noise started playing ( at a pool bar!)  and they did not know how  to stop it.
Actually I turned it off  a couple of times , but each time you
would start clementine it would go on again...
Somehow it stopped...
I suppose it is a sabotage from clementine's creators to their work..

Péter Lőrincz

May 26, 2013, 6:21:42 AM5/26/13
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure it refers to Star Trek - The Next Generation. "Make it so" is one of the catchphrases of Captain Picard (played by Patrick Stewart), and it is the ambient noise of the ship's engine

2012. november 21., szerda 21:30:06 UTC+1 időpontban Brandon Rodriguez a következőt írta:
I still have no idea what Make it So! does... :S

Romain Rosset

Jun 10, 2015, 9:05:51 AM6/10/15

Le dimanche 26 mai 2013 12:21:42 UTC+2, Péter Lőrincz a écrit :
I'm pretty sure it refers to Star Trek - The Next Generation. "Make it so" is one of the catchphrases of Captain Picard (played by Patrick Stewart), and it is the ambient noise of the ship's engine

I know it's really late for this answer but I took a fast look at the git source code of clementine and found this
const char* BackgroundStreams::kHypnotoadUrl = "hypnotoad:///";
const char* BackgroundStreams::kRainUrl =

"http://data.clementine-player.org/rainymood";
const char* BackgroundStreams::kEnterpriseUrl = "enterprise:///";
and
AddStream(QT_TR_NOOP("Make it so!"), QUrl(kEnterpriseUrl));
which confirm what Péter Lőrincz was saying (2 years ago).
Btw, you can listen to the rain on the rain's url.

Pablo Bianchi

May 24, 2016, 1:42:57 PM5/24/16
to Clementine Music Player
I love this extras, I sometimes use "All glory to hypnotoad" to get concentrated at my office. Before I was using white or brown noise.
What I wonder is what kind of sound is hypnotoad thing. I remember something similar called alpha and beta signals...
Do anyone know what really this is, how is generated?

John Maguire

May 24, 2016, 1:53:28 PM5/24/16
to clementi...@googlegroups.com