Unable to add more columns than Title and Artist

Simon Gemmill

Apr 13, 2018, 8:54:57 AM4/13/18
to Clementine Music Player
Hi there,

I reduced my columns in playlists to just Title and Artist.

For the past week, when I've tried to add Album, Track, Composer or any other columns, it doesn't add them.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Simon

brady brady

Mar 6, 2019, 6:55:16 PM3/6/19
to Clementine Music Player
I am having the same issue.
Even when the drop-down menu appears, and the additional catagories have "check marks" next to them, they still do not show ??

Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2019, 2:19:59 PM3/30/19
to Clementine Music Player
Greetings,

Having wrestled with this issue myself, let me ask if both (or either) of you have a check next to "Stretch columns to fit window"? If so, please try clicking on that option to remove the checkmark. Likewise, moving your cursor into the column headings and hovering over the division between which ever headings may be present, please see if you can move the divisions to the left (even if this action makes the columns you have look a bit 'wonky' for the moment). When you have finished, the right hand side of Clementine's window should be completely blank.

At this juncture, Right-click on any column header to open the drop down menu you both are already familiar with. Select whichever column header you wish to add (just one for now, please) and it ought to appear relative to its position in the drop down menu to your existing columns (i.e., before, between or after them). Please note that this will require a bit of experimentation and exploration on your parts to get the columns to appear as you wish them to. As far as I have been able to tell, one isn't able to change the order in which the columns appear, only whether or not they appear at all.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Dominic Knight

Mar 30, 2019, 6:29:29 PM3/30/19
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 2019-03-30 at 11:19 -0700, Renaissance Man wrote:
<snip>

> As far as I have been able to tell, one isn't able to change the
> order in which the columns appear, only whether or not they appear at
> all.

Drag and drop.

Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2019, 6:32:29 PM4/2/19
to Clementine Music Player
And that answers that question.  What could be more elegant?

John Hancock

Dec 16, 2021, 8:47:32 PM12/16/21
to Clementine Music Player
I wrestled with this problem for more than a year.  Thanks for the fix!