vaSyncBuffer

Pierre Lepage

Aug 11, 2023, 3:45:55 PM8/11/23
to Clementine Music Player
Hi,
On Kubuntu 23.04, booting the build from the repos stops with the following error:
clementine: symbol lookup error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.59: undefined symbol: vaSyncBuffer

Not having found a solution for this error, I uninstalled the depot version to install the flatpak version. But my music library update is lost as soon as I stop Clementine! The actions I take are:

  1. I start Clementine (flatpak version).
  2. In the preferences/library window, I open the file browser to add my music collection directory.
  3. Clementine reads the content and I assume updates a database (where?)
  4. Once the update is complete, in the music collections window, I see a directory "/run/flatpack/.../CD" appear (CD is the name of my music directory). But, on my hard drive, there is no /run/flatpak" directory. Still, I see the contents of my music library in the playback window and can play music.
  5. If I stop Clementine and restart it, my music library update is lost and I have to start the process again from step 1.
Suggestions or solutions to my problem?

Thanks