Re: [clementine-player] Digest for clementine-player@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Garth Hoyman

Jan 7, 2022, 11:20:28 AM1/7/22
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
You can certainly move files around with a file browser
I never use the clementine interface to add or move files, occasionally I'll right click & delete from disc
I'm set to monitor library for changes
When I add or remove an album, I can watch it appear in the clementine library within a few seconds

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 4:24 PM <clementi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Garthhh <gcho...@gmail.com>: Jan 06 01:47PM -0800

As long as you add the new directory to Tool>preferences>music
library+folder

What kind of sorting is slow?
If the library has to run through a usb or network the initial or start up
scan will be slower
Less capable hardware will lock up for extended periods
If the usb/network are not connected before clementine is opened, also
slows things down

On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 1:19:00 PM UTC-8 stefan.f...@gmail.com
wrote:

Stefan Franz <stefan.f...@gmail.com>: Jan 06 02:39PM -0800

I did not mean, that the time ist to long.
I don't find a possibility to drag and drop files from one to another
folder of my mp3 library.
Is it possible to work nearly as in Nemo file manager anyway?

Stefan Franz

Jan 7, 2022, 1:05:41 PM1/7/22
to Clementine Music Player
But i see now way to sort inside clementine the tracks. I saw only the delete function.

I'm looking for a Linux program for sorting, like MediaMonkey at windows can do.
Short listn to a track in a filebrowser and after that sorting in the directory structor.

Stefan Franz

Jan 7, 2022, 1:14:25 PM1/7/22
to Clementine Music Player
I meat no way to sort.

Garthhh

Jan 7, 2022, 9:22:25 PM1/7/22
to Clementine Music Player
I can't compare to media monkey as I haven't had a windows machine in a decade or so
Rhythm box is itune like built for gnome

Clementine is a music files database manager, with many tools specific to music files
Designed to do queries of large databases of music files

Build a smart playlist [query], which allows you to set as many different parameters for the sort as you want, the output will be a playlist
There are 26 parameters you can include or exclude in as many combinations as you can imagine
If you need additional fields for custom parameters, grouping & comment are available
You can also right click or drag songs, albums or entire genres onto any playlist, the playlists will tab
You can have one playlist playing, while you work on a different ones
You can save the playlist as a 3mu, or copy the files to an external flash drive
There is no way to save the files that make up a playlist to a different directory on the same hdd
You can also change the way the library displays [sorts], click the wrench to the right of the search box

Stefan Franz

Jan 8, 2022, 8:49:59 AM1/8/22
to Clementine Music Player
In the playlist, right click brings an menu entry "Files organize" but in the next window, i can not select an individual folder at my laptop.
That's a pity. May be in the next update version, someone build in a individual selection possibility.

Garthhh

Jan 9, 2022, 6:41:54 PM1/9/22
to Clementine Music Player
Clementine has some powerful tools, many of which I don't quite understand
Clementine always had a right click Delete option, which now reads Delete From Disk, I blew up a few files accidentally learning  the clementine definition of delete

I've never used the right click organize files choice
I guess that it organizes whatever files on the playlist you have highlighted
The Organize Files when copying to device, allows you to reorder the file names of the files on the external media or player to suit the specific requirements

Clementine expects your music library to be organized Artist[folder]>Album[folder]>Song[file]
I generally just create a folder [album] & give it a name for random files
Best of collections with various artists, I just put the songs with their artist or make the artist whoever the collection is a tribute to
Another method is to give the collection a custom Genre, Group or Comment tag
I use duplicate, alternate version & live as genre to filter for playlist building

The devs are not on this forum
You can find them on Github