Unable to Access USB Drives and SD Cards on Clementine

Travis Cramer

Aug 26, 2021, 10:10:06 AM8/26/21
to Clementine Music Player
I would like to use Clementine to manage all my music, but I store all of my music on a SD Card and Clementine is unable to access or see that when I try to add it to my library. Can someone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong? I am running Ubuntu 18.04 if that helps. Thanks!

Jacopo Nono

Aug 26, 2021, 12:20:53 PM8/26/21
to Clementine Music Player
are they mounted in your file explorer?

Garthhh

Aug 27, 2021, 12:59:30 PM8/27/21
to Clementine Music Player
Did you add the files?
Settings>Preferences>Music Library

Another method is to use a sym link from a folder on your computer to the SD card

Clementine is designed for the library to be organized artist, album, song, on the local HDD, doing it other ways can require more care & feeding

I do my backups to sd/tz

Garthhh

Aug 27, 2021, 1:03:51 PM8/27/21
to Clementine Music Player
My first question should of been
Can you navigate to external media through the files tab on the far left?

Tom Atkinson

Oct 10, 2021, 6:01:20 AM10/10/21
to Clementine Music Player
Have you tried adding all of them as folders into your Library? Control-P for prefs. Music Lib --> add new folder?
That could work pretty well.