Re: [clementine-player] Digest for clementine-player@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Garth Hoyman

Sep 1, 2022, 1:52:10 PM9/1/22
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
When I go to Tools>Preferences>Music Library>Add New Folder
I can navigate to a 2nd hdd from there
On manjaro it's located,  Run>Media>"name of external device"
I'm not sure of the path on Mint

When you get it to work, if Clementine opens before the hdd is mounted & you try to play music you will have to rescan the library which can take some time

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 5:24 PM <clementi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Titus Aduxas <titus...@gmail.com>: Aug 31 12:02PM -0700

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I had already visited the preferences for
library location but there is no option to specify a second drive or any
other drive for that matter. I have moved to Linux Mint from Zorin where I
used Clementine as my player and was able to specify another drive no
problem so I am thinking now that I maybe have a configuration issue which
is stopping the other disks showing up. All disks are mounted and visible
in file explorer as devices so I would have thought they would be there in
Clementine. I'm still getting used to Linux as I am a recent convert from
Windows but the differences so far are fairly minor so I've just to keep
searching for that solution

Titus

On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 3:29:24 PM UTC+1 Garthhh wrote:

Tim <xend...@gmail.com>: Aug 31 09:09PM +0100

When you open Preferences, in the new windows that opens, on the
left-hand side, under the General Header, third option down is Music
Library, click this. On the right you have a window showing the current
paths of the current libraries but on the far right you will have the
the option to "Add new Folder" click this and enter the path to your
second drive.

I am also running Mint linux

Tim

Titus Aduxas

Sep 1, 2022, 2:52:15 PM9/1/22
to Clementine Music Player
Thanks all. Sorted :)

Titus Aduxas

Sep 1, 2022, 2:59:00 PM9/1/22
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I will bear that in mind as the library is extensive.