two questions

Cotton Seed

Mar 26, 2014, 1:37:19 PM3/26/14
to clearsk...@googlegroups.com
1. There are a few messages in cs_core that aren't mentioned in the
spec, e.g., StartTLS, Identity, Current, etc. I assume these are from
an earlier version of the spec?

2. Currently Daemon only supports listening on a single port. It seems
it should have a generic interface to:
- listen on ports,
- stop listening,
- make connections,
and, on each connection, create a Connection object for the appropriate
protocol. A cliearskies client will need to listen on at least two
ports (incoming cs connections and control daemon). Seem reasonable?

I'm planning to use the generalized Daemon for the tracker server.

Cotton

Steven Jewel

Mar 26, 2014, 2:43:05 PM3/26/14
On 03/26/2014 11:37 AM, Cotton Seed wrote:
> 1. There are a few messages in cs_core that aren't mentioned in the
> spec, e.g., StartTLS, Identity, Current, etc. I assume these are from
> an earlier version of the spec?

Yes, you're correct. The first two aren't necessary since switching to
TLS-SRP mode, and the last is not necessary due to "database.get_updates".

Steven

Pedro Larroy

Mar 27, 2014, 7:09:15 AM3/27/14
to clearsk...@googlegroups.com

Hi Cotton.

On Mar 26, 2014 6:37 PM, "Cotton Seed" <cot...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> 1. There are a few messages in cs_core that aren't mentioned in the
> spec, e.g., StartTLS, Identity, Current, etc.  I assume these are from
> an earlier version of the spec?

That's right.

> 2. Currently Daemon only supports listening on a single port.  It seems
> it should have a generic interface to:
>  - listen on ports,
>  - stop listening,
>  - make connections,
> and, on each connection, create a Connection object for the appropriate
> protocol.  A cliearskies client will need to listen on at least two
> ports (incoming cs connections and control daemon).  Seem reasonable?
>
> I'm planning to use the generalized Daemon for the tracker server.

I think that makes sense.

Your contributions are welcome.

Pedro.