Fw: CARR to close December 31st.

Greg Buck

Dec 31, 2016, 10:20:19 AM12/31/16

CARR to close December 31st.

Saturday, December 31, 2016 8:01 AM
From:
"Susan Sammis" <sam...@bluemarble.net>
To:
"Tokarski Sandra & Thomas" <ca...@bluemarble.net>

Dear Friends and Supporters:

The CARR Board of Directors has decided to dissolve the organization on December 31, 2016.   Our petition to the US Supreme Court to hear our federal case has been denied.  It has been an enduring effort these past 26 years to work towards a saner transportation policy and to rectify the wrongs caused by the planning and construction of the I-69 highway.  We are deeply sorrowed that citizens working together could not stop the destruction of I-69.

We have pursued every legal opportunity available to us, but were not allowed to present the merits of our case. However, our role as educators has been very successful.  We've been at many, many public forums and events to educate and inform the general public and elected officials.  Although decision makers refused to accept our message, that doesn't negate our impact. The growth of our membership and the response from the general community has told us that we succeeded on that front.  We have told the truth and have worked diligently to protect our farms, our forests, our rural communities and our tax dollars.

Your cards, letters and words of encouragement, as much as your financial support, gave us the strength we needed to pursue our mission as far as we were able. Your comments at countless public meetings were thoughtful and enlightening. For that, we thank you from the deepest level of our hearts.

We urge you to give your support to our colleagues who have worked with us on I-69 and who support sustainable transportation issues:

Hoosier Environmental Council
8351 N. Meridian Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Environmental Law and Policy Center
35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 1600

Once again, thank you for your years of dedicated support. Working with so many fine people in Indiana has been a privilege and an honor.

Sincerely yours,

Thomas & Sandra Tokarski
and the CARR Board of Directors

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Thomas & Sandra Tokarski
CARR
PO Box 54
Stanford, IN 47463
800-515-6936

I forwarded the above message.

Greg Buck
ecot...@yahoo.com (gets more attention than ecoth...@gmail.com)

Campaign for Sustainable Economics
www.sustainableeconomics.org

Individuals & Organizations:
Please endorse "Position on Economic Growth"