Open UK weather data

James Smith

Mar 20, 2013, 5:25:58 PM3/20/13
to Cleanweb UK Public List, open-sust...@lists.okfn.org
Hi everyone,

We've just published a blog post about a call for Open UK weather data. If you'd be interested in using this sort of data, either commercially or non-commercially, we'd encourage you to add your voice to the data request.

cheers,
James

Jason Neylon

Mar 26, 2013, 5:16:26 PM3/26/13
to clean...@googlegroups.com, open-sust...@lists.okfn.org
Hi,

I was discussing this today with someone at work and they suggested a really interesting potential use case - analysing weather data and football results to spot any interesting trends and impacts the weather has on a team's performance.

I would never in a million years have thought of that - which is I guess one of the key reasons we need to open up data like this.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason Neylon

http://www.cleanweb.org.uk/ - building a movement for the sustainable web in the UK