Searching for a leader for the ODI Energy & Environment Immersion Programme - paid role

Andrea Cox

May 13, 2013, 5:49:33 AM5/13/13
to clean...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Earlier this month the Open Data Institute launched the second series of our Immersion Programme focussed on ‘Energy and the Environment’. The 9 month series will look at what problems and issues can be resolved in the sector through the power of open data. For example:

  • How can report country-level emissions in a more timely manner?

  • How can we generate better views of climate change impacts?

  • How can we plan for renewable energy and microgeneration?

Once the problems have been defined we will then

challenge individuals and groups to develop solutions to these problems which they will pitch to a panel of experts as a business proposition.

Incubation at the ODI, £8k in pre-seed investment and a final prize of up to £25k are just some of the prizes available.

Right now we’re looking for a sector-expert to take on the (paid) role of leading the series. If you know someone who is an environmental expert, has experience of running hack weekends and has an extensive sector-specific network then please do put them in touch with andre...@theodi.org. More details about what the role entails can be found here.