Re: "Mistakes" in Episode 19 - Introduce Entity

Uncle Bob

Jun 8, 2013, 9:44:03 AM6/8/13
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Winner #7

That's an interesting idea.  I was so focussed on the function of inverting names that the notion of a Name object had not occurred to me.

However, is this an entity object?  Or is it an object associated with a presenter?  Inverting names is a formatting issue, isn't it?   Is name inversion a core business rule or a peripheral formatting rule?

Gerrit Appel

Jun 8, 2013, 10:42:15 AM6/8/13
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Uncle Bob,

I see, this smells a bit like YAGNI. But if we do not need an object that has any state, how about making the function static?

Gerrit