Clean Code Slack Workspace

Assigned to p...@pajato.com by isma...@gmail.com

Paul Michael Reilly

Apr 4, 2019, 11:37:04 AM4/4/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Is there any existing Slack workspace dedicated to the Clean World of Uncle Bob? I suspect not and the next logical question is, should there be such a facility?  I think so and that it should be open to all the topics in the videos at cleancoders.com.
Let the discuss begin.

Markus Gaertner

Apr 4, 2019, 7:36:06 PM4/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Well, there is the Software Crafters Slack, and I see there some discussions on Clean Code as well: http://slack.softwarecraftsmanship.org/

Best
Markus

--
The only way to go fast is to go well.
---

Paul Michael Reilly

May 3, 2019, 12:00:16 AM5/3/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

Gajesh Bhat

May 3, 2019, 7:32:47 AM5/3/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Please add me to the group.
Regards,
Gajesh

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 9:30 AM Paul Michael Reilly <p...@pajato.com> wrote:
I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

Felipe Branco

May 3, 2019, 2:44:31 PM5/3/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Add me as well, please.

Best,
--
Felipe B. A. Diniz
+55 (31) 99662-9564

Christopher Gardner

May 3, 2019, 11:45:29 PM5/3/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Please add me.

On Fri, May 3, 2019, 12:00 AM Paul Michael Reilly <p...@pajato.com> wrote:
I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

Alan Boudreault

May 4, 2019, 12:02:22 AM5/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Why not having a public slack?
--
Alan Boudreault
418-999-2884

Mihai Cristescu

May 4, 2019, 12:02:22 AM5/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Please add me to the group.

Thanks,
Mihai

Hiba Haoues

May 4, 2019, 12:02:22 AM5/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'd like to be added too.

Thanks

Paul Michael Reilly

May 4, 2019, 12:08:15 AM5/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
When I agreed to help Uncle Bob manage this group I saw that he was using some restrictions and I soon saw why: there have been a few attempts to abuse the group with spam postings so I chose to keep the Slack invitation in the same vein. Please make your case in this thread or in Slack for changing Bob's policy. If he gives a thumbs up to a public Slack channel, I will make it so.

-pmr

recep yalman

May 4, 2019, 4:58:04 AM5/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
I also want to be in the group. Can you please add me also?

Łukasz Duda

May 4, 2019, 5:04:55 AM5/4/19
to Clean Code Discussion
What's the goal behind closing discussion in managed group?
I don't get it...

Paul Michael Reilly

May 4, 2019, 10:31:18 AM5/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate? Sounds like a misunderstanding. Closing a discussion is anathema to me.

-pmr

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 5:04 AM Łukasz Duda <lukasz....@gmail.com> wrote:
What's the goal behind closing discussion in managed group?
I don't get it...

Walter Dolce

May 4, 2019, 10:39:54 AM5/4/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
I would like to be added as well if possible. Thank you

On Sat, 4 May 2019 at 10:04, Łukasz Duda <lukasz....@gmail.com> wrote:
What's the goal behind closing discussion in managed group?
I don't get it...

Mykhailo Yarushevskyi

May 4, 2019, 10:39:54 AM5/4/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Hi. Add me to the group, please.
Regards, Mykhailo

пʼятниця, 3 травня 2019 р. 07:00:16 UTC+3 користувач Paul Michael Reilly написав:

Łukasz Duda

May 4, 2019, 1:39:14 PM5/4/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I'm not sure if I understand it right. Do you want to move discussion to some kind of group in slack.com solution? Is that group open for public? Can anyone read and post messages there?
What are the andvantages?

I mean, what's the point for creating a duplicate group?

Paul Michael Reilly

May 5, 2019, 1:09:46 AM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Ah, now I understand.  Thanks for elaborating. As a heavy Slack user, I observed that discussions are easier, interest is higher and the ability to get the information you need is generally better in Slack than in Google Groups so I proposed that we have an alternative way to interact when discussing things in the Clean World of Uncle Bob. I attempted to provide a similar level of moderation with Slack as I found when moderating the CC group although I have since moderated that a bit in that CC Slack Users can now invite other people to join. In my view Users should be able to pick their preferred interaction tool: email, IM, forums, etc. My goal is to provide mechanism not enforce policy (other than already established policy).

The CC Slack Users can read and post messages to any channel (topic) except for DMs (direct or private messages). The advantages to me are that searching and navigating in Slack is far better. I see channels getting created for clean-code, clean-architecture, solid, functional, agile, code-review, tdd, etc. where sets of people can focus their interests in a more granular form.

The CC Slack workspace is not open to the public in order to make it harder for spammers to abuse the tool. But it is pretty open in that any CC Slack User can invite other Users. Once in Slack, a User can pretty much post at will.  If spam or other abuse becomes a problem the moderators will deal with it.

I also foresee Users for both tools referencing discussions in the other.

The big disadvantage I see with Slack is that the content is not searchable (to the best of my knowledge, I could easily be wrong) from outside of Slack. If I learn how to do this I will make it so.

Hope that helps to allay concerns.

-pmr

Thomas Benard

May 5, 2019, 1:15:06 AM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
I would love to be added as well.

Thanks

Thomas

Alok Choudhary

May 5, 2019, 1:15:07 AM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
please add me to the slack.

Emilio López Arias

May 5, 2019, 1:15:08 AM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Add me please

El vie., 3 may. 2019 6:00, Paul Michael Reilly <p...@pajato.com> escribió:
I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

Ipek Özdemir

May 5, 2019, 1:15:08 AM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Please add me too.
Thanks.
Ipek.

Julien Fierz

May 5, 2019, 1:15:24 AM5/5/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Hi, i would like to participate in the group too.

Thx

Łukasz Duda

May 5, 2019, 9:12:13 AM5/5/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I think now I got a better understanding.
Thanks for your explanations and patience.
I think I always had kind of resistance to change. I'am working on that ;-)
Maybe I'll see this all slack-thing in my free time

Regards
Łukasz

Darren Anastasoff

May 5, 2019, 3:53:57 PM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you please add me?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Alan Boudreault

May 5, 2019, 3:53:57 PM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
same

Sudip Bhandari

May 5, 2019, 3:53:57 PM5/5/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul, would love to part of the slack channel

On Fri, May 3, 2019, 9:30 AM Paul Michael Reilly <p...@pajato.com> wrote:
I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

Renato D. Prado

May 6, 2019, 12:31:43 AM5/6/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I would like to be added too.
thanks!

dst...@gmail.com

May 6, 2019, 1:15:44 AM5/6/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I would like to join.

Kind regards,
David Stibbe

Why not having a public slack?

Leo Ribeiro

Kartheekasasanka Kaipa

May 6, 2019, 12:32:44 PM5/6/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Please add me to the group.
Regards
Kartheek

On Mon, 6 May, 2019, 10:45 AM , <dst...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to join.

Kind regards,
David Stibbe

On Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 6:08:15 AM UTC+2, Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
When I agreed to help Uncle Bob manage this group I saw that he was using some restrictions and I soon saw why: there have been a few attempts to abuse the group with spam postings so I chose to keep the Slack invitation in the same vein. Please make your case in this thread or in Slack for changing Bob's policy. If he gives a thumbs up to a public Slack channel, I will make it so.

-pmr

Why not having a public slack?

Kartheekasasanka Kaipa

May 6, 2019, 12:32:45 PM5/6/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Hello,

Please add me to the slack group.

Regards,
Kartheek

Prashanth Kuppa

Jonathan Cook

May 6, 2019, 12:32:45 PM5/6/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I'd like to join to please

dimaunaha...@gmail.com

May 6, 2019, 12:32:45 PM5/6/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me as well: dimaunaha...@gmail.com

Thanks,

Alfred

Radoslaw Grymin

May 7, 2019, 8:37:06 AM5/7/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hello, add me please too.
Z poważaniem
Radosław Grymin

Robert C. Martin

May 7, 2019, 8:57:14 AM5/7/19

On May 2, 2019, at 23:00 , Paul Michael Reilly <p...@pajato.com> wrote:

I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

--
The only way to go fast is to go well.
---

Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) | uncl...@cleancoders.com
Clean Coders                 | @unclebobmartin
847.922.0563                 | cleancoders.com

Ben Pardo

May 7, 2019, 9:04:13 AM5/7/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com

Luiz Augusto Moreira Costa

May 7, 2019, 10:28:40 AM5/7/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com

Martin Lee

May 7, 2019, 4:32:09 PM5/7/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me.

Caio Fernando Bertoldi Paes de Andrade

May 7, 2019, 4:50:42 PM5/7/19
to 'Caio Fernando Bertoldi Paes de Andrade' via Clean Code Discussion
Me too!

Caio

> Em 7 de mai de 2019, à(s) 17:32, Martin Lee <martyd...@gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> Please add me.
>
> --
> The only way to go fast is to go well.
> ---

Claudio Herrera

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Hello Paul,
please add me too.
Thank you

Maciej Parol

Roger Pique

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com

John Welty

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me to the slack workspace.

John Welty

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me to the slack channel too.

Michael Panayiotou

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Please add me as well.

Thanks,
___________________________________
Michael Panayiotou
Tel.: +357 99556483
Nicosia, Cyprus

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com

Tony Legge

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Please add me!

--
Thanks

Tony

Ronan Rodrigo Nunes

May 8, 2019, 2:45:12 AM5/8/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me to the group. Thanks :)

Neil Mason

May 8, 2019, 2:45:13 AM5/8/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Please add me.

Thanks

Kaloyan Penov

Estevão Andrade

May 9, 2019, 3:08:12 AM5/9/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Ps, Add me !

Thanks

Shaun W

May 9, 2019, 12:07:15 PM5/9/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me too.

Thanks

Avi Kessner

May 9, 2019, 12:07:15 PM5/9/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me.

Homa Wong

Jun 2, 2019, 3:22:18 AM6/2/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Can you add me too?

Thanks,
Homa

Avi Kessner

Jun 3, 2019, 12:20:54 AM6/3/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
You can now join automatically.

brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
and the number 47

--
The only way to go fast is to go well.
---

Udaveer S.

Jun 11, 2019, 12:37:58 AM6/11/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I would like also like to have an invitation to the slack group.

Thanks,
Uv

Ryan F

Jul 8, 2019, 9:09:14 AM7/8/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Could I please receive an invite to the Slack?

Thank you very much

R Rodrigues

Jul 9, 2019, 2:58:43 PM7/9/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
kindly add me to the group as well
Thank you

--
The only way to go fast is to go well.
---

Konan.P

Jul 10, 2019, 7:27:36 AM7/10/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Please, add me also

--
Павел К.

Yevhen Viktorov

Jul 15, 2019, 9:26:32 PM7/15/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me.

Tnx.

Brian Yee

Jul 22, 2019, 5:22:51 PM7/22/19
to Clean Code Discussion

Can I get an invite to the Slack group?

Thanks!

Jim Humelsine

Aug 1, 2019, 3:56:49 AM8/1/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Can I get an invite to the clean coders slack group?

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 12:00 AM Paul Michael Reilly <p...@pajato.com> wrote:
I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

George S Cowan

Aug 4, 2019, 3:25:13 AM8/4/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me to the slack group.

George

Cláudio Peanho

Aug 14, 2019, 3:56:24 PM8/14/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Hi,
Please add me to the slack group.

Regards,
Cláudio Antônio Peanho

Patrick Davenport

Aug 16, 2019, 10:45:28 PM8/16/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I would appreciate an invite as well. Thank you.

Luca Natali

Aug 27, 2019, 5:43:15 AM8/27/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please could you add me too?

many thanks,

Luca

Patrick van Dissel

Aug 27, 2019, 6:35:24 AM8/27/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Can you sent me an invite?

Thanks,
Patrick

On 03-05-19 06:00, Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
> I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find
> it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace,
> https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will
> send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.
>
> --
> The only way to go fast is to go well.
> ---
Message has been deleted

Adrian Moraret

Sep 20, 2019, 1:38:02 AM9/20/19
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
If it's possible, please also add me to slack channel.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 4:44 AM Ahmet TOK <ahme...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please add me to slack channel.

My email is ar...@paratoner.io

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 7:00:16 AM UTC+3, Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
I hung out on the software craftsmanship site for a bit and did not find it quite what I hoped so I created a new Slack workspace, https://cleancodersgroup.slack.com to augment this Google Group. I will send out invites to anyone who posts a request here.

--
The only way to go fast is to go well.
---

reedlaw

Oct 10, 2019, 12:47:15 AM10/10/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me.
Message has been deleted

Colin Williams

Oct 18, 2019, 9:25:30 AM10/18/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I'd like to be added as well

Jonathan Szostak

Nov 6, 2019, 10:16:40 PM11/6/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me.

Jordan Walker

Nov 12, 2019, 10:05:46 AM11/12/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Would appreciate an invitation too. walke...@gmail.com. Thanks!

Daniel Strimpel

Dec 12, 2019, 3:49:21 AM12/12/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Can you add me please?

Daniel Strimpel

Dec 12, 2019, 3:49:21 AM12/12/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me, thanks.

Yavor Nikolov

Gatis Avots

Dec 13, 2019, 8:01:23 AM12/13/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me also. Thank you.

Geoff Langenderfer

Dec 19, 2019, 1:44:50 PM12/19/19
to Clean Code Discussion
I'd love to join.

Dan Fulton

Dec 30, 2019, 7:59:34 AM12/30/19
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me. Thank you.

Lucas Lima

Feb 1, 2020, 2:11:39 PM2/1/20
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me too.

Thanks.

Lucas Lima

Feb 1, 2020, 2:11:39 PM2/1/20
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me too.
Thanks.

Hrishikesh Biniwale

Feb 2, 2020, 11:40:53 PM2/2/20
to Clean Code Discussion
Hi Paul,

Can you add me to this group??

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Hrishikesh Biniwale.

Deepankar Dixit

Feb 3, 2020, 1:21:34 AM2/3/20
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I would like to join. Please add me.

Thanks!

--
The only way to go fast is to go well.
---

reedlaw

Feb 17, 2020, 11:29:30 PM2/17/20
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me.

Paul Michael Reilly

Feb 19, 2020, 5:50:09 PM2/19/20
to Clean Code Discussion
You can now join the Slack workspace automagically. See the welcome message and click on the magic link to get an invite. Enjoy.

Ashok Raju

Feb 20, 2020, 12:52:00 AM2/20/20
to Clean Code Discussion
Please add me to the group. Thanks!