Why the "Use Cases" and "Request and Response Models" are the different sections of the "Business rules" chapter?

徳川武

Oct 11, 2022, 4:46:32 AM10/11/22
to Clean Code Discussion
Dear everybody,

collecting the information about "Which Clean Architecture Areas do Gateways interfaces and their implementations belong to?" question I knew that most of developers are relating the gateways interfaces with Use cases layer (red ring) of the Clean Architecture diagram (while the implementations of these interfaces are in the Interface Adapters layer):SFKy9.jpg.
Following this logic, the gateways interfaces (I suppose it is the same thing as Request and Response Models) are the part of the use cases. But if so, why the Use cases and Request and Response Models are the different sections of the Chapter 20 Business Rules?