Clean Architecture - Responders and Response Interfaces

ACP

Feb 15, 2020, 5:44:54 PM2/15/20
to Clean Code Discussion
-- I also posted in the Clean Code Slack --

This is more of a clean architecture question, but wrt to responders and responses. UB has a responder interface that depends on a response interface. In one of the CC videos, he converts the concrete response dto to an interface. In my real projects, I'm still using a concrete dto. I'm curious if others here have used an interface for the response. If so, how do you deal with a slightly complex dto, i.e., one that may have a collection?  Are the types in the collection also interfaces?  Finally, what naming conventions do you use for nested dto's?

Łukasz Duda

Feb 16, 2020, 2:11:06 PM2/16/20
to Clean Code Discussion
Hi
I use concrete response classes, but conceptualy they represent abstract interface to use cases. They are published in a separate, more stable component.

Regards
Łukasz