Salty Dog Wood Firing, July 6, 2015

gary navarre

Jul 13, 2015, 1:55:08 PM7/13/15
to Clay...@googlegroups.com, cla...@ceramicist.org, Bruce Diebboll
Hey Folks,

 It seems like only yesterday I posted something about what is going on in the Big D but it has been slow going. Henry Crissman is done with his MFA through Alfred & is spending time gallivanting around with his wood fired Trailergama & doing a residency at Star Works NC. He will be demonstrating the kiln at the National Folk Festival in Greensboro, NC on the weekend of September 12th.  Some of us may have thought it would be cool to tow an all wood fired kiln on a trailer but here is a kid who is doing it.

  While Henry has been gone the Salty Dog kiln he built at the Fortress Studio has sat cold until just recently when Venissa Rose Lipson got bit by the wood firing bug & got some people to help her load & fire. Nic Brown from Pennsylvania with some experience was a major help in going to completion. I'm hoping these kids stick around a while so we can get Randal Genser's 29' Anagama finished & firing. Here is a 20 minute clip of part of the Salty Dog firing ...

Gary Navarre
Navarre Pottery
Navarre Enterprises
Dearborn, Michigan, USA