[Clayart] melted glass in pots

Barry Salaberry via Clayart

Jun 17, 2024, 7:45:32 AMJun 17
to cla...@lists.clayartforum.com, Barry Salaberry
Re: melted glass in pots

This note is in response to the closing comments in a recent post from Bob
in Southern Oregon, in which he wrote:

on a small fraction of pots tiny glass granules came off on my duct tape
test strips!

As a result, I'll sell these with the caution that they are not to be used with
food

Dear Bob,

There are two kinds of potters, those who make things to be used, and those
who make things to sell, and often, some potters do both.

Well actually, there’s a third kind. Some people make things out of clay
because they have to.

They can’t stop making once they’ve found that seam of clay pulling their
life in its grasp. They are bound to fulfill their gift once revealed in
the making of pots.

But they’ll never sell anything that would betray their loyalty to their
gift. These potters make things that never need a caution. Their pots
always ring true, and they keep the bookkeepers out of their silica stew.

Please, think about it.

Barry

--
Barry Salaberry