compiling on OS X 10.6

Magnus Katz

Nov 27, 2012, 8:47:18 PM11/27/12
to clay-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi I'm having trouble compiling the v0.1 branch (which I believe is the latest stable?) on OS X 10.6.

When I reach this step from the README:
    cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ../

I get this warning/error:
    -- libclang is missing, so bindgen will not be built.

Then the subsequent make command fails miserably with missing header files galore.

Any help resolving much appreciated.

Joe Groff

Nov 27, 2012, 9:55:33 PM11/27/12
to Clay Programming Language
What version of LLVM are you compiling with? You must use the release version of LLVM and Clang 3.1 built from source; the version of Clang included with OS X is not sufficient. If you're using the right version of LLVM, try passing cmake the -DLLVM_DIR=/path/to/llvm flag to make sure it points to your locally built Clang and not the system Clang. If that still doesn't help, could you post the errors you get?

-Joe

Ari Kast

Nov 29, 2012, 12:47:35 AM11/29/12
to clay-l...@googlegroups.com
Thank you that worked... enough to get me to the next error:

  Linking CXX executable clay
  ld: library not found for -lLLVMIntelJITEvents
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Further help would be appreciated!

Many Thanks