REPL for CLAY

Chetan Kothari

Nov 22, 2012, 7:56:01 AM11/22/12
to clay-l...@googlegroups.com
How would an repl for CLAY sound.

I'm an B.E. final year student and would like to know if repl would be a good idea. If so then i along with my team can work on this particular aspect. Maybe we can start off with the most basic features which are stable and eventually increase the scope of it.

Joe Groff

Nov 22, 2012, 9:35:10 AM11/22/12
to Clay Programming Language
Hi Chetan. Dmitry Galchinsky beat you to adding a repl—it's in recent versions of the master branch. There are some language design issues that prevent it from being full-featured. In particular, the representation a of variant type can be modified by adding members, which invalidates existing instances of the type. The current implementation of the repl hacks around this by requiring that a module be loaded before the repl is entered. There are also some quirks with error handling that need to be smoothed over as well. You could check out some of the issues in the Github project at github.com/jckarter/clay and contribute to the work Dmitry is already doing,

-Joe

Chetan Kothari

Nov 22, 2012, 9:51:09 AM11/22/12
to clay-l...@googlegroups.com
As of now i don see any issues posted related to REPL, and one more thing what i would like to mention is i'am just a beginner so would take some time to understand the entire process of what is happening and how. In this time i may require your help. Hope you would not mind that.