Problem in installing Boussinesq solvers with 2D

Ren

Jun 14, 2024, 12:34:00 AMJun 14
to claw-users
Dear developers,
I am trying to install Boussinesq solvers with 2D. However, I meet some problems after several tests.

1. I have installed petsc (3.21.2 latest one). The command is

 ./configure --download-openmpi --download-fblaslapack

This is to install petsc with openmpi and blas, lapack.
Then make and check.
However, some errors appear after check, as shown in the figure below.

11.jpg

2. I try to run the example
    After compile, when I try to run the case (make .plots), it reports the errors.
22.jpg

3. The environment is set below.

33.jpg
Based on these, could you provide some suggestion please? Thank you very much!

Regards,
Zhiyuan

berger Marsha

Jun 17, 2024, 3:30:21 PMJun 17
to claw-...@googlegroups.com, Barry Smith
I forwarded your question to Barry Smith, head honcho for petsc.  Here is his (partial) reply below. Most likely you won't be able to run the code though until the linear server problem is fixed. LEt's see what he says. - Marsha

Begin forwarded message:

From: Barry Smith <bsm...@flatironinstitute.org>
Subject: Re: [claw-users] Problem in installing Boussinesq solvers with 2D
Date: June 17, 2024 at 2:58:41 PM EDT
To: Marsha Berger <mbe...@flatironinstitute.org>

  The second problem is because, on some systems, LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be set to $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH/lib  (this is something we'll fix)

   The first problem is odd. I'll try to reproduce it.

   Barry

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 14, 2024 at 12:34:00 AM EDT
To: claw-users <claw-...@googlegroups.com>

Dear developers,
I am trying to install Boussinesq solvers with 2D. However, I meet some problems after several tests.

1. I have installed petsc (3.21.2 latest one). The command is

 ./configure --download-openmpi --download-fblaslapack

This is to install petsc with openmpi and blas, lapack.
Then make and check.
However, some errors appear after check, as shown in the figure below.

11.jpeg

2. I try to run the example
    After compile, when I try to run the case (make .plots), it reports the errors.
22.jpg

3. The environment is set below.

33.jpg
Based on these, could you provide some suggestion please? Thank you very much!

Regards,
Zhiyuan

11.jpg33.jpeg22.jpeg