Re: [claw-users] acoustics in layered medium, copying rho data

Kyle Mandli

Nov 14, 2023, 10:47:09 AM11/14/23
to claw-users
Hi Praveen,

That is primarily the right way to  do that.  Take a look at how it is done in $CLAW/classic/examples/acoustics_1d_heterogeneous in the setrun.py and setprob.f although it sounds like the setrun.py is the one that needs modifying from your implementation.

Kyle
On Nov 13, 2023 at 10:21 PM -0500, pra...@gmx.net <pra...@gmx.net>, wrote:
Hello

I converted the old example of acoustics in layered media

to work with latest clawpack

It seems to work, and if any of you already know this problem, it would be great if you can look at the code for any mistakes.

There is a data file setprob.rho, which needs to be copied into _output directory, but I dont know how to achieve this properly. Instead I am reading it in setprob.f as

file="../setprob.rho"

if there is a nicer solution ?

Thanks
praveen