Facing trouble of plotting amrclaw outputs

Kadir Çar

Apr 21, 2024, 2:14:10 PMApr 21
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am trying to plot the outputs of amrclaw examples and I suppose I am making a mistake because I can not get an output for the amrclaw examples. Can you guide me how to use amrclaw?

Kadir Çar

Apr 21, 2024, 2:37:04 PMApr 21
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
~/clawpack_src/clawpack/amrclaw/examples/burgers_1d$ make .plots
/bin/sh: 1: python: not found
/bin/sh: 1: python: not found
make: python: No such file or directory
make: python: No such file or directory
gfortran             -L/home/kadir/clawpack_src/clawpack/amrclaw/examples/burgers_1d/  -o xamr
gfortran: fatal error: no input files; unwilling to write output files
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/kadir/clawpack_src/clawpack/clawutil/src/Makefile.common:143: xamr] Error 1

I am recieving an error like this when I try to execute the command make .plots I have tried what is on the website but I dont know whats wrong

Kyle Mandli

Apr 22, 2024, 7:56:50 AMApr 22
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
It looks like Python is not found.  I would start there.

Kyle

Kadir Çar

Apr 22, 2024, 8:21:44 AMApr 22
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
I have solved the python issue since I am using python3 that was creating the problem, after some research I have fixed that problem and now amrclaw is working but I am trying to implement 1d inviscid burgers equation as I have mentioned some problems arise about setplot.py,saturn.py and qinit.f files I have checked the https://faculty.washington.edu/rjl/clawpack-4.x/book/chap12/efix/README.html website there is an example of burgers equation there so I am trying to implement the setplot.py and saturn.py files on my example but as this is older version and equation is in the classic directory I dont know if I will be able to implement that on my example. I will update the issue if I can not solve it. Thanks for your reply

Kyle Mandli

Apr 22, 2024, 9:19:46 AMApr 22
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
The example http://www.clawpack.org/gallery/gallery/gallery_classic_amrclaw.html#dimensional-burgers-equation does not work for you?  If you really wanted to make that 1D you would have to modify the Riemann solver slightly (set one of the 0.5 values to 0.0) but everything should work.

Kyle

Kadir Çar

Apr 23, 2024, 10:10:23 AMApr 23
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
I want amrclaw for 1 dimensional inviscid burgers, and I have tried what you have told me to fix but still it doesn't work still gives 2d output I suppose I am missing something let me tell you what I actually want I want to implement amrclaw on 1D Inviscid Burgers equation for rarefaction as like https://faculty.washington.edu/rjl/clawpack-4.x/book/chap12/efix/_plots/moviefig0.html in this link and shock wave. Thats why I am trying to implement those examples on my amclaw and I want them to be 1D. I have done as like you said but facing the same 2d square plots. https://faculty.washington.edu/rjl/clawpack-4.x/book/chap12/nonconservative/_plots/moviefig0.html for this link it works for me but I can not get the output as like that. Since it doesnt include amrclaw package in it I am facing problems about how to define the levels and true(x,t) function on setplot.py file also have to change saturn.py file. Its a bit confusing I have achieved just the function but not amr version

Kyle Mandli

Apr 23, 2024, 5:11:49 PMApr 23
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
I guess it is unclear to me what entirely you are trying to do.  AMR only is implemented in dimensions > 2 but you can mimic 1D by making it symmetric in one direction and slicing through the output.  I would be curious though if you really need AMR for a 1D problem if that is your end goal.

Kyle

Kadir Çar

Apr 23, 2024, 5:18:59 PMApr 23
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
There are 1d acoustic and 1d advection equations and amrclaw implementations on these equations. So what I really want is to implement amrclaw on inviscid burgers equation as like them which are provided in the link below

Kyle Mandli

Apr 23, 2024, 5:56:40 PMApr 23
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I meant that if you wanted to directly use the example in AMRClaw that is Burgers equation you would have to slice the output.  You can modify the 1D examples as given to get that to work.  Beyond that if you have specific questions about what you have tried and what is breaking we could better help you.

Kyle

Randall J LeVeque

Apr 24, 2024, 8:46:03 AMApr 24
to claw-...@googlegroups.com
The code in
  $CLAW/classic/examples/advection_1d_example1/
and
  $CLAW/amrclaw/examples/advection_1d_example1/
solve the same problem, the latter one using amrclaw.

If you compare the Makefile, setrun.py and setplot.py files between these two examples you will see what changes need to be made to switch from classic to amrclaw, and similar changes could be applied to the code in
  $CLAW/apps/fvmbook/chap12/efix
or
  $CLAW/apps/fvmbook/chap11/burgers
to make an amrclaw version of 1d Burgers'.

We should really have an example for this important equation, so thanks for raising this.  I submitted an issue to remind us...

 - Randy