New Clawpack Logo

Kyle Mandli

Sep 28, 2019, 6:58:19 AM9/28/19
to claw-dev
Hi everyone,

NumFOCUS has generously provided us with a professional designer to design a new logo for clawpack.  We have been iterating a bit and came up with the attached.  Right now Randy, David and I like the last one in the attached.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Kyle
Clawpack_LogoPresentation_Round2.pdf

Donna Calhoun

Sep 28, 2019, 10:25:04 AM9/28/19
to claw...@googlegroups.com
Last one looks good to me (although I remember an earlier iteration in blue - any thoughts on the color?)

Donna

<Clawpack_LogoPresentation_Round2.pdf>

Kyle Mandli

Sep 28, 2019, 12:57:12 PM9/28/19
to claw...@googlegroups.com
Randy, David and I thought it would be good to stick to the color scheme we have had for awhile.  Did you like the blue scheme better from before?

Kyle

Randall J LeVeque

Sep 28, 2019, 1:00:03 PM9/28/19
to Developers of Clawpack
I suggested sticking with the current Clawpack colors for continuity, but we could consider a change.

I also like the last one since it is somewhat reminiscent of the current logo, as a C radiating waves, and is simple enough that it looks recognizable even when shrunk down to web tab icon size.   I tested this at

Other input welcome!

 - Randy

Marsha Berger

Sep 28, 2019, 1:33:30 PM9/28/19
to claw...@googlegroups.com
I actually think the first one, with the lines on top, is best, but the others look better on the tote bag.

Donna Calhoun

Sep 29, 2019, 2:07:20 AM9/29/19
to claw...@googlegroups.com
I like the blue scheme better - looks more like water.  And I am not so sure that continuity with the old scheme will be obvious (or even a good thing).  But I am far from anyone who should have a say, so anything that is chosen will be good.

Sent from my iPhone

David Ketcheson

Sep 29, 2019, 2:30:52 AM9/29/19
to claw-dev
I like the blue, too.  But that is just a general color preference bias of mine.

Kyle Mandli

Oct 14, 2019, 11:44:21 AM10/14/19
to claw-dev
So after some debate we ended up sticking with the current color scheme (with the thought that maybe for 6.0 we would change to blues and greens) and option 4.

I want to put these then in one of the repositories, doc seems the most sensible but I thought I would ask.  If anyone wants a copy now send me a reply.

Randall J LeVeque

Oct 14, 2019, 4:39:57 PM10/14/19
to Developers of Clawpack
The current logo is in doc/doc/_static
I made a .ico file I can put there too.

Maybe I can just add these as I update things for 5.6.1, which I'm ready to do once the Pyclaw PRs are resolved.

 - Randy

Kyle Mandli

Oct 15, 2019, 10:11:46 AM10/15/19
to Claw Developers List
We need to put them there at the very least but some of the files are bigger than they need to be (the jpegs are only kb in size but the eps and ai files are ~2.5 mb each).

Kyle