Clawpack Version 5.8.1 released

Randall J LeVeque

Oct 24, 2021, 9:03:11 PM10/24/21
to claw-...@googlegroups.com, Developers of Clawpack
Dear Clawpack Users,

We are happy to announce that Clawpack 5.8.1 has been released.

This version has mostly minor changes and bug fixes.

See the release notes for a summary of all changes:
  http://www.clawpack.org/release_5_8.1.html

The Clawpack installation instructions have also recently been updated in an attempt to make it easier to figure out the best way to install for different use cases, in particular for those who plan to only use the Python solvers in PyClaw or those who plan to only use the Fortran solvers of Classic, AMRClaw or GeoClaw.

How to get the latest version:
------------------------------

Please see
    http://www.clawpack.org/installing.html
for several installation options and the list of prerequisites.

A new tar file is available at:
    https://github.com/clawpack/clawpack/releases/

The tarfile is also permanently archived on Zenodo with DOI 10.5281/zenodo.5595424,
    https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5595424
So if you publish results (and also, we hope, the code used to generate them) based on this version, you can rest assured that it will always be available to your readers.  For earlier versions, see
    http://www.clawpack.org/releases.html

Tar files for all recent releases can also now be referenced with the single DOI 10.17605/osf.io/kmw6h, convenient if you have used multiple versions in your work, or you want to cite a generic Clawpack DOI.   For more information on how best to cite Clawpack, please see
    http://www.clawpack.org/about.html#citing

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release. You can view all the commits, diffs, and contributors starting from the release notes page
    http://www.clawpack.org/release_5_8.1.html.

Happy Computing,
  The Clawpack Development Team