Clawpack 5.5.0 released

Randall J LeVeque

Aug 31, 2018, 11:35:19 AM8/31/18
to claw-...@googlegroups.com, Developers of Clawpack

We are happy to announce that Clawpack 5.5.0 has been released.  There are many bug fixes and improvements, a few of which are not entirely backward compatible.  There are some new capabilities, particularly in GeoClaw.

For more information, and a summary of some of the changes, see

How to get the latest version:
------------------------------

See
for complete details and the list of prerequisites.

NOTE: pypi has not yet been updated to pip installing PyClaw only will still get 5.4.1.

To install 5.5.0 via tarfile, you can find the latest at:

The tarfile is also permanently archived with a DOI at:
So if you publish results (and, we hope, the code used to generate them) that is based on this version, you can rest assured that it will always be available to your readers.

Dockerhub has been updated for those who want to use the latest version with Docker. See

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, particularly Marsha Berger, Donna Calhoun, Brisa Davis, David Ketcheson, Kyle Mandli, Xinsheng Qin, and Avi Schwarzschild.  You can view all the commits, diffs, and contributors starting from the release notes page http://www.clawpack.org/release_5_5_0.html.

Some additional new features are coming soon we hope!

Happy Computing,
  The Clawpack Development Team