Catching up on Fortran Standards

Kyle Mandli

Nov 17, 2020, 4:40:08 PM11/17/20
to Claw Developers List
Hi Clawpack developers,

I have noticed it had become increasingly difficult to build clawpack without disabling some of the more modern compiler errors regarding either deprecated Fortran features or other issues.  It would be nice to either have a policy going forward to either fix some of these and therefore raise issues or suggest common compiler flags to omit the compiler warnings turned errors so that as some of these turn into errors we do not continue to have to sift through them as our compilers continue to evolve and fail to compile clawpack constantly.

Kyle

berger Marsha

Nov 17, 2020, 4:44:17 PM11/17/20
to claw...@googlegroups.com
Most of them are the do loop variety. These should be easy to fix.
Have you noticed another class? There is one that I know of that will
be hard to fix - the real to integer argument conversion.

Kyle Mandli

Nov 17, 2020, 4:53:28 PM11/17/20
to claw...@googlegroups.com
You have exactly pinpointed the ones I was mostly thinking about most immediately but there are a whole heap of other warnings of deprecation that are starting to get me a little jittery.

Kyle