Google Workspace for Education: Customer controls to manage third-party apps

David Scales

Jul 5, 2023, 5:02:58 PM7/5/23
to classroom-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi Classroom developers,

With safety & security more important in schools than ever, we are introducing enhancements for Edu customers to help them manage student access to apps. We hope these controls will help Google and our ecosystem partners ensure the safety of our joint customers.

We are requiring Edu Admins to review & confirm currently accessed Third-Party Apps Apps used in their district by October 23, 2023.

  • After Oct 23, 2023, users designated as under 18 will no longer be able to use their Google Workspace for Education account to sign into or share data with any app that is not confirmed by Edu Admin.

  • If your app is already being used in a district, it will be available for Admins to review and approve to help avoid any disruption.

There is no required action from Developers. We have notified all Edu customers and they will be prompted to confirm access . If a customer does reach out to you, you can point them to this help center and instructional video on how to confirm access to third party apps.

Best,
Classroom Developer Relations team