Google Classroom Biggest Refresh Yet - including push notifications for coursework!

Ope Bukola

Aug 7, 2018, 1:34:43 PM8/7/18
to classroom-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Classroom Developers!

Like many of you, the Classroom team has been hard at work this summer preparing for back to school and earlier today, we announced the biggest refresh to Google Classroom since its launch.

We’re also updating the Classroom API to enable real-time notifications of changes to CourseWork. Now, instead of polling Classroom API endpoints, you can use Google Cloud Pub/Sub to get real-time notifications of changes to assignments, questions, and student submissions in a class.

As always, you can use our publish issue tracker to file feature requests or report bugs and issues.

We hope you have a great back to school!

Best,
Ope Bukola
Product Manager, Google Classroom

--