Assistance with finding Ukrainian composers/music on IMSLP; deadline extension if needed

margaret....@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2023, 10:22:21 PM10/9/23
to classicalre...@googlegroups.com
Dear CRPDX’ers!

Quality proposals are coming in for our December 3 concert of Ukrainian music, and we are excited to see the program come together in musical territory that is brand new to us!  Our dream team Ukrainian headliners and ideal venue are ready to go, and the evening promises to be as uplifting as it is edifying.

In case you are up for a musical adventure but unsure about the time involved in finding the new piece(s) of music, we have assembled a document to help, a cheat sheet of Ukrainian composers whose work is in public domain and free online at IMSLP. No IMSLP membership is required in order to download.

Along with the composer names, this spreadsheet summarizes the instrumentation the composers wrote for, and is sortable. There is also a link to each composer profile that bypasses the membership page. We hope that helps you to consider taking the plunge into a new musical lake!  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1RfKA2IStE0AQ1cK2X6q6GutXRM1Ii_8KvQwON8G6soM/htmlview

Our Call for Proposals of Sept. 28 details all other information.

If you need a little extra time to use this resource and decide on repertoire, we understand, and can offer you until Monday October 16th at 5 PM. Thereafter our Proposals Committee must meet and you need time to practice!  If you know your repertoire already please meet the original proposal deadline so that the Committee can begin considering proposals and deliver its decisions by the end of next week.

We wish you fun in your repertoire considerations!
The CRPDX Team

Sent from my iPad