June Chamber Jam and Make Music Day

Classical RevPDX

May 17, 2024, 11:14:42 PMMay 17
to Classical Revolution PDX

Greetings Rev’ers!

The annual Make Music Day PDX is coming up in June, and they’ve invited us to play one of their slots in NE Portland. CRPDX participated in Make Music Day annually from 2015 through 2019, before the pandemic struck and everything went upside down. It would be wonderful to rejoin the festivities; however, this is fairly short notice, so we’re going to have a lightning approval process:

If you’d like to perform a solo or small ensemble piece on Make Music Day, you’ll need to perform it at the June Chamber Jam. At the Jam, we’ll be evaluating each act and creating the set list by the end of the night.

In order to participate, you must:
-Be available for the Chamber Jam: Sunday, June 9th at the Waypost, between 7:00pm and 9:30pm
-Be available for Make Music Day: Sunday, June 16th at Khunamokwst Park (sometimes called K Park), from 2:00pm to 4:00pm
-Sign up on the Chamber Jam spreadsheet, indicating that you wish to be evaluated, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BIYEyeQkAGeQhGcfqwVtLlYKtqKCZB6t/edit#gid=1252133164

They’ve partnered with the City of Portland to provide a Sounds Truck ( https://www.soundstrucknw.org/ ) so there will be shelter, power, lights, and amplification - all you need to do is show up and play.

Even if you’re not available or interested in Make Music Day, we’ll still be having our normal Chamber Jam, so be sure to sign up and/or just show up! Generally, playing time is limited to 7 minutes per solo act and 12 minutes per ensemble (exceptions to this rule are at the discretion of our beloved chamber jam host, Margaret).

Feel free to bring your kids to the jam and have them perform with you. The Waypost is “all ages” until 8:00 pm.