RE: Abridged summary of classicalrevolutionpdx@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Margaret Bloomfield

Mar 10, 2024, 7:13:46 PMMar 10
to classicalre...@googlegroups.com
Folks, we've moved the live music Guess That Song/Movie trivia game to the 7-8 pm hour, to make it easier to attend that before the jam, without attending the Oscars Party.  It turned out our musicians don't want to spend 6.5 hours at The Waypost, go figure! The host will also be playing a white elephant game in that hour.  Right now we have 4-5 songs lined up, with just snatches of the music (10-30 seconds) played, and with 1-2 quick questions per song.

For the Chamber Jam itself (8-10:30), we thought we could bring some expanded movie trivia action into it too! If you're playing music from a movie, why not come with a few questions for the audience? E.g. Did the movie win an Oscar? And anything else you find interesting about your selection.

See you soon!