North America rocks

Rob Jackson

Jul 7, 2013, 3:37:50 PM7/7/13
to Classic Rock eGroup
Hi all.

I'm just home from a three week work trip to the USA and Canada.

During the trip I managed to fit in some rock n roll downtime.

First up, Kuma's restaurant in Chicago. All the burgers are names after metal bands - I had a black sabbath, my buddy had a mastodon - and where the only music allowed is rock and metal. People queue for up to three ours to get in there. Thankfully our wait was only 30mins but it was well worth it. If you are ever in Chicago then I recommend going to Kuma's.

Also in Chicago we went to Reggie's Rock Club to see Kings X. Again, my Aussie buddy Andy is a huge fan so he sorted us tickets for the gig. Kings X were really good and we not only met the band afterwards but also met and chatted to them at O'Hare airport the next day. A lovely bunch of guys.

The support for Kings X was a local group called The Steepwater Band. These guys really impressed me. I got a cd after the gig and its a real corker.

Scott & Sian: these guys may be worth keeping an eye on.

Then in Philly I went to an exhibition on 1968 featuring some of Hendrix's clothes as well as other memorabilia.

All in all a good rock trip that's left me wondering how I managed to fit any work in!

I'll try and upload pictures to the group sometime.

Rob